Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine's Skittle

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday :) I'm working on editing some photos while I wait for the return of the Walking Dead! I can't wait, it feels like it has been forever.
I've posted this a couple of other places, but I did want to share it on my blog as well. I entered a Valentine's Day nail art contest on Nailpolis, and this is the skittle mani I created for it. I thought it was a lot of fun and I think I'll definitely enter more contests with them in the future. Although, it is a little upsetting that the finalists aren't really chosen for their mani or nail art skill, but by how many friends you can get to like it. Oh well, maybe next time lol. There is still time to vote for me here if you are so inclined, haha! ;)


Polishes I used: Essie Protein Base Coat, Sinful Colors Flutter, Snow Me White, and Cool Gray, Sally Hansen Presto Pink, OPI Innie Minnie Mightie Bow, HK Girl topcoat. The bow came with this month's Nail Art Society kit! I am obsessed with these bows, they are so pretty.


The thumb is 3 coats of Daily Lacquer Come What May. I freehanded the heart on my index, the middle is a gradient topped with a zebra print Nail Vinyl (these things are amazing), used my dotting tool for the ring finger, and I did a dry marble on my pinky using the gray, pink and red mentioned above.



Overall, I really loved this look and I'm standing behind it regardless of the outcome of the contest lol. I am really enjoying trying new techniques and learning a lot in the process. So, I can't complain! :)
Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great Valentine's Day! <3
Kelly

5 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3