Friday, April 4, 2014

Polish Me Silly: Hypnotic

Hi everyone!! Happy Friday! What do you all have planned for the weekend? I plan to do some swatching, maybe some nail art, and definitely a lot of relaxing because I start my new job next week. :) I want to take full advantage of the time off while I still have it.

Today, I have an amazing polish to share with you, that is truly unlike any other that I have in my collection.


I was actually gifted this polish from a lovely Reddit user! The contest was to find the sparkliest polish you could, and this was the one I chose. It's so interesting to me that this isn't really glitter, it's actually sterling silver flakes - which makes it insanely reflective. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as formula since it's actually silver flakes. I kind of expected a rough texture, like glitter shreds or shards would have. However, it wasn't like that at all - I used three coats of Hypnotic with no base color, and the polish felt completely smooth! Seriously, even before topcoat! I added topcoat only to extend the length of the mani, but it wasn't necessary for shine or smoothness.


This is honestly one of the most gorgeous polishes I have ever worn. I couldn't stop staring at my nails! You could even see the camera or my face reflecting off the nails in some of the photos I took. I also want to point out that removal of this polish was just as easy as application. It wasn't hard to remove like normal glitters, but it did require a bit more scrubbing than a normal creme. It's fine to wear this one with a normal basecoat - no need for glue or Yellow Stopper.


Be sure to check out Polish Me Silly's Etsy shop - there are loads of stunning blends! And click here for a direct link to Hypnotic. This is a great polish to add to your collection - it is completely unique and makes for a stunning nail look that is quick and easy to apply. This would be perfect for a night out! I know I will definitely be wearing this a lot on my toes in the summer too. :)

What are your thoughts? Do you own this polish or one like it? I'd love to hear below!
Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a stunning color! Its so reflective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name fit's perfectly this gorgeous polish, and I understand you completely that you can not stop to stare on it, as you mentioned, this is one of the most beautiful polishes that exists!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3