Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Negative Space #3

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a great week so far. I can't complain with this warm weather! :]

Today, I have my latest NCC mani to share with you. This month's theme is Negative Space, and I've had a lot of fun with it so far! For this look, I combined a couple of designs from Robin Moses.


I really love how these came out! Here is a list of the polishes I used:

  • Yellow Stopper base coat
  • Zoya Sooki
  • Sally Hansen Lightening
  • Sally Hansen Heat Flash
  • Sinful Colors Most Sinful
  • Stripe Rite White
  • Stripe Rite Black
  • Stripe Rite Green
  • HK Girl topcoat
I used striping brushes to do the string and the candy cane tips and dotting tools to make the bulbs. It was harder than I thought to make the bulbs because they had to be so small, but I still really like how it turned out. :)



I got a lot of compliments on these, and they are so festive for the holidays!! I think this is an easy enough design too, that anyone could attempt it, even a beginner. :) I didn't watch Robin Moses whole tutorial, but I'm sure it would be helpful! I just based this off two of her designs that I found on Google images. Here are the the images I used for inspiration: this Christmas lights design, and this design for the tips.


I had a great time with this nail art and I didn't want to take it off!! I have one more negative space design to show you next week. Thanks for looking, and be sure to have a look at the other ladies' looks! <3

Kelly


1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3