Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall into Autumn Challenge: Day 2 - Apples

Hello loves - I'm sorry to report that today I have another unoriginal look for you! Today's theme for the Fall into Autumn Challenge is Apples, and I found myself thinking there are only so many things you can do with apples. I've never tried anything of them though, so it turns out they're all new to me :] so I just decided the look I liked best from Google searches, and did my best to recreate them in my own way. I wanted to do one granny smith apple, one regular red, and one golden delicious!



I used Sinful Colors Innocent for the green apple, Wet n Wild I Red a Good Book for the red, and Zoya Pippa for the yellow. I used a toothpick and China Glaze Mahogany Magic for the stem, and a green striping brush by Stripe Rite for the leaves.



Ignore the mess on my pinky! I tried to recreate a core and I didn't wait long enough before putting on topcoat! :[ I did a couple coats of Avon Shimmering Sands and framed that using Sinful Colors Nail Art in Be My Valentine.

Have a good night everyone! Check out the other participants in the Fall into Autumn Challenge!

Kelly

Stephanie from A Little Polish
Sue from Creative Nail Design By Sue
Katee from A Girl And Her Polish
Sharra from The Blahg
Ashley from One Nail to Another
Karine from Karinea0a
Hannah from Polished Prisms
Amanda from Mandy's Polish

Kayono (aka Johanna) from Neues vom Kellerkind
Charlotte from Charlotte's Nails
Alyson from Beads. Nails. Food.
Maribeth from Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite
Becky from Glam Fiend
Angie from Our Painted World
Alethia from Never-Ending Nail Art
Sarah from Dakila's

13 comments:

  1. Ummmmm this is completely GORGEOUS!! I love apples!! And I love your idea for the pinkie that's too cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful mani. Oh I Love how you had different colors of apples. Yummy!

    P.S: i replied your comment about where I get my KC polishes on my post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy! I went and checked that out...too bad Texas is so far away! I will keep my eye out on Amazon :]

      Delete
  3. ahhhhh this is so. freaking. cute. You did a fantastic job! even the pinky ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I appreciate the love for the smudgy little guy :]

      Delete
  4. Super Cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This ended up being one of my favorite nail arts so far!

      Delete
  5. Where's the mcintosh? ;o) Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the best apple nails that I've seen. Very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Michelle! I appreciate that - I'm learning and getting better every day :]

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3