Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall into Autumn Challenge: Day 5 - Football

This will be a quick post since I'm at work - just wanted to make sure I got my FiA post up today!
Let me start this off by saying, I am not a sports person by any means. I, embarrassingly enough, am one of those girls who asks stupid questions because I do not fully understand some things that happen during a football game. That being said, I did grow up near Pittsburgh, so in my family you are a Steelers fan, period. I do like to watch their games, but any other team or any other sport and I'm not remotely interested, haha.

Anyways, so for Football Week of this challenge, I simply HAD to post a Steelers design!


The gold color on my index, middle, and ring finger is China Glaze Sun Worshiper. Yes, it is supposed to be GOLD, I know there's that black and yellow song, but the Steelers colors are black and gold. I felt like this polish was pretty perfect for the actual color on their uniforms/helmets. My thumb is meant to represent the logo - it's Sinful Snow Me White with diamonds in Sinful Nail Art Be My Valentine, Stripe Rite in Navy Blue, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lightening. The glitter on my index finger is Icing The Golden Age of Glitter. I actually bought that glitter because of the black and gold in it and it reminded me of the Steelers! The crackle is Sally Hansen Crackle in Ink Splatter. The ring finger is meant to look like the helmets, and the pinky is Sinful Black on Black with Orly Sashay My Way over it. I wanted to do several different things for this mani, so it's a bit of everything!


Hope you like my Steelers-inspired nails, and don't forget to check out the other ladies participating in the challenge!!

Kelly

7 comments:

  1. I love that crackle nail and your thumb looks fantastic. I mean, it all looks fantastic ;) I'm not a huge sports fan either, we'll see if I put half as much effort into it as you did this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Sharra - you're too sweet! Can't wait to see what you come up with ;]

      Delete
  2. I am definitely NOT a Steelers fan, however, I am loving how you did a different design on each finger!! It's so cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you can appreciate the nail art even if you don't support the team! :]

      Delete
  3. I really like the crackle Kelly! It looks great! And I'm not a sports fan at all either. :P The whole mani is lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great mani! I'm a huge Steelers fan, so this is doubly awesome to me! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome I am a steeler fan and love your nails

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3