Sunday, May 4, 2014

Autism Awareness featuring Jindie Nails

Hi everyone! I hope you've all been well. Sorry about my unexpected hiatus, I accepted a new job at the beginning of April and I've been busy getting re-adjusted to the full-time work schedule after being off work for a month. Getting back into a routine is tough! But, I have a bunch of manis backlogged that I plan to get posted for you guys soon. :)

I'm starting with a mani I did recently and LOVED! The Jindie Junkies group I'm in had a theme of autism awareness/blue polishes last month. It inspired me to come up with this fun blue skittle!


I used almost all Jindie Nails polishes for this mani. First, I painted the index and middle finger with Honey Blue Blue, then the other two fingers with Eve. I used Nail Vinyls for the zebra print. I painted over the Vinyls with Jindie Blue Blue Xmas (index) and Orly Frisky (pinky). I used the stamping decal technique seen here at Chichicho for the puzzle pieces! Topped off with HK Girl and done :)


I tried to get pictures in the sun, but there weren't a lot of sunny days when I had these on, so I did one with flash.



I'd love to hear what you think of this mani! I really liked the combination of all the blues together, and I love the puzzle pieces! I am so glad I discovered the stamping decal technique on Chichicho's blog!! :)

Thanks for looking!
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. This is a great manicure to help spread autism awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cause is great and your nails are perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3