Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Review: Firmoo Glasses

Hi everyone! Hope you're all safe wherever you are - we're getting a bad storm here in Dayton and we had a tornado warning for a while there...not sure if it's still active, I should probably check that out haha! At the moment, it's just raining really hard and I think it's causing our Netflix to have issues, which is driving me nuts!

But, the interruption in my TV shows has given me a chance to write up a blog post I have been seriously neglecting. I recently was contacted by Firmoo about doing a review for their glasses. I have been meaning to try Firmoo forever, but life has just gotten in the way. Lately, I've been seeing so many people post about them, I just had to see what it was like. 

My first thought was, it sounded too good to be true to be able to just type in my prescription, virtually try on glasses, and done - a full pair of glasses without leaving my couch! But, it's true. This is why, whenever you get your eye exams, ask your eye doctor for a copy of your prescription to have on hand for things like this. What's even better is that Firmoo also has sunglasses, so I can just type in my prescription and get a pair of sunglasses that I can actually drive in! Have you ever tried to put sunglasses on over glasses? Not fun.

Anyway, enough talking! Let's get to the point. When I got the glasses in the mail, I was so impressed with the packaging! First, you see a nice, sturdy drawstring case...


Even better - the hard glasses case that the glasses were in! It's printed like a map! This is the kind of case I would have chosen for myself - it's so cool. I was really impressed that Firmoo didn't overlook any detail. It was all really high quality, branded packaging. 



Also included was a great full size cleaning cloth. You can never have too many of these. I for one am always losing them! I was glad to see that it's larger than the standard cleaning cloths, so it will be harder for me to misplace. :)


And lastly, another thing I wasn't expecting! A great little screwdriver tool for in case the tiny screws in the glasses get loose. It comes on a handy keychain too.


Finally...the glasses! I chose the F028 frames. I really wanted to try something different. I feel like I'm always gravitating toward plain brown or black plastic rectangles. So, I chose something a little bigger, two-toned, and differently shaped than I'm used to. The site has a place where you can upload a photo of yourself and virtually try on the glasses, so you can see what you'll look like before ordering. It was really helpful to see what shapes just did not work with my face, what colors clashed with my hair, etc. No surprises! :)


When I actually tried the glasses on, they looked exactly as they had in the virtual try-on - I fell in love!!! I honestly adore these glasses. It took me a bit to get used to the size, but I think they suit me! Also, I want to point out that the lenses are SO clear, that you could see every detail of my eyes...which was not always a good thing haha! I think my old glasses are kind of scratched up and there's a glare, and the bottom frame goes right along underneath my eye, so you couldn't really notice if I skimped on the makeup or if I had dark circles showing through. I do have to make sure my makeup is on point when I wear these glasses, because the lenses are so crystal clear. I love it though - there is no glare in the sun, and they are coated with a scratch resistant layer as well.


I took these photos while I was getting ready for a party, so you get one shot before I applied my lipstick and one after haha. The glasses just happened to match the shirt I wore, too! :)


So, my overall verdict? I LOVE my new glasses! The prescription is spot on, I can see perfectly and the frames really fit my style! And, I love the idea of being able to shop for new glasses from home, without the whole ordeal of the eye doctor. Eye exams and lenses and frames are SO expensive, and my insurance only allows you to go every 2 years I think...so Firmoo is a great way to be able to change it up in the meantime. Plus, there are tons of great styles of glasses and sunglasses on the site. Check it out by clicking here!

And, I'd love to hear what you think of these glasses below! Or, let me know if you have tried Firmoo and what your experience has been??
Thanks for reading!

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. There a cute pair of sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glasses look great! And I'm totally in love with your lipstick colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frame should not look too small or too large for your face. So, in order to get the right kind of frame for yourself, you will have to browse well. Eyeglasses

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3