Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Inspired by a Book #3 (The Bell Jar)

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great holiday week. I'm working all the holidays this year, just the way it worked out - so it's just a regular week for me! :p

I'm still showing my Inspired by a Book manis for the Nail Challenge Collaborative - looks like I will make it just before the end of the month! Phew - I wasn't sure I was going to make it in time. 

Today's look is inspired by probably my all-time favorite books, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath! It's an amazing book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. :)



When working on this mani, I drew inspiration from the colors on the book cover, and one of my favorite quotes from the book:

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am."


For the gradient, I used Sinful Colors Smokin, Sinful Colors Cool Gray, and China Glaze Float On. I used my Stripe Rite brush in black for the lettering and the bell jar. I used Nail Pattern Boldness Oodiful for the ring finger and pinky. I topped it all off with HK Girl. :)



I liked this mani overall but I was kind of disappointed with my lettering. I need to work on that I think! But it was harder than I thought it would be haha. If anyone has any tricks, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for reading - and be sure to check out what everyone else has created for this week. :)

<3 Kelly


1 comment:

  1. Love that gradient you created here. Especially with the pop of pink on the tips.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3