Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mentality: Velle & Vexare

**I want to note that I am no longer affiliated with, or a supporter of, Mentality Nail Polish. Please see my post detailing my experiences with Mentality by clicking here for more information. In short, I would STRONGLY recommend not buying Mentality due to harmful effects that their polishes have had on some people. Even if you've been having an issue and you can't say for sure that it's Mentality polish that's causing it, discontinue use immediately. I didn't know what it was and by the time I realized, serious damage had been done to my nails. They are still not healed. Just don't take any chances. I will leave up my posts where I have reviewed or swatched Mentality polishes because I don't want to just delete them and pretend like nothing happened. I would also recommend reading these great, informative posts by Ashley is Polish Addicted and also The Mercurial Magpie who explain what's happened. Lab Muffin also offers some really interesting possibilities for what specifically about the polishes could be causing these effects.**



Hey everyone! Today I'm back with my last Mentality post for this week. I've really enjoyed sharing this group of polishes with you lately. Next I plan to work on some nail art looks with them - after we move this weekend. The cleaning and packing has been wreaking havoc on my nails. :( For now, I'm giving them extra TLC with lots of Sunny's Body Products like cuticle oil, balm, and hand cream. 

I've saved the best for last here, in my opinion, so today I'll be showing you my two favorite polishes of the package I received. These are two of the amazing new tetrachromes - Velle and Vexare!

Velle is a blackened multichrome with glass flecks that shifts yellow, yellow-green, green, to blue. 


I love all the different colors that show in Velle! Most prominent to me are the yellow/yellow-green flakes, they give the polish an overall gold flash that is truly stunning.


I've used 3 coats here with HK Girl to top it off. Most of you guys could get away with 2 coats easy. These tetrachromes have an amazing formula. They're very pigmented and are the perfect thickness to get a great, smooth application. I think these would look lovely stamped over black! They're so multidimensional. I love the elegance of Velle.


If you look at the bottle, you can really see all the different colored glass flecks! So pretty.


Next up is my absolute favorite of the group, hands down! Vexare is a blackened multichrome with glass flecks that shift blue, violet, red, to orange.


HOLY. AMAZING. This polish seriously astounded me. There are so many colors here, I couldn't even begin to name them all! And every angle I turned my hands, I found more. I seriously could have stared at my nails all day. While drooling.


I love how Vexare looks so bright blue, almost a cobalt in one light, and if you tilt your hand back, it's all pink/purple. The shift is so dramatic - amazing! <3


I used 3 coats of Vexare here, plus HK Girl topcoat, but again, most people can get away with 2. Formula was perfect as per usual, no issues at all to report! It applies smoothly and easily, stays put and doesn't pool or drag. Everything about it was perfect. And I think the colors are so unique and vibrant, Mentality has truly blown my mind again with this polish. Here in this next shot, you can really see that bright blue!


In this next photo, I tried to show all the different colors that Vexare can shift to in one shot. Didn't totally happen, but hey, I tried! I attempted angling each finger slightly differently to show the color shifts in the flakes. Starting with pink on my index finger, all the way to that bright blue on my pinky! Photos truly don't do this polish justice though.


Both Velle and Vexare retail for $8.25 apiece. But, if you purchase the entire Tetrachrome collection (and let's be honest, you NEED all of them), you'll save some money because you get all 7 gorgeous polishes for only $54!! It's an amazing deal.

I hope you've enjoyed my Mentality swatches and reviews this week. The more Mentality polishes I try, the more and more impressed I am with them! They never fail to disappoint. Most of all, I am just blown away by these tetrachromes. If you have not tried them yet, I highly suggest you do! :)

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Both are very nice shimmery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love multichrome polishes and both of these one are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3