Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Swatch Spam: OPI, KB Shimmer and Vivid Lacquer

Hi guys! I hope your work weeks have all gotten off to a good start. I'm still pretty exhausted, my parents visited this past weekend and my mom and I went wedding dress shopping and we got my dress!! I'm so excited :) but it was a draining experience haha. And I didn't get any time to just recharge so I'm still feeling pretty tired. But, I have some random swatches to share with you that I found while cleaning out the vault!

First up is OPI Wonderous Star. (Is it just me or does that misspelling really bother you guys?) I can't even remember where I got this, but I was gifted it at one point or I found it maybe...it's a different kind of polish, I'm on the fence about whether I like it or not.


It's got a pretty sheer silvery/gold glitter base with black hexes throughout. I used 3 coats here and even on my short nails, you can still see VNL. I do think it's sort of pretty, but the black hexes kept reminding me of pepper, like I had wet nails while cooking and I got pepper stuck in my nails lol.


Next up for today is KB Shimmer's Merry Pinkmas. Now, this one I LOVE! It was so nice when this first came out, to see a Christmas polish that wasn't just red or green. And, I love all the different colors and shapes of glitter in it!


Even though there are touches of red and green, this is a polish I feel could be worn year round because of all the fun colors. I think it would be a great spring polish! This is 3 coats with topcoat. It's really packed full of glitters, but they didn't give me much trouble. You can see on my middle finger some of the glitters ended up on top of each other, but that doesn't bother me. Everything came out of the bottle easily and without fishing, so that's all I was concerned about ! :)


Last but not least is Vivid Lacquer Slug Queen Sadie. I snagged this during one of her clearance sales. I basically bought it for the name haha, I had a boxer named Sadie that I loved dearly, so I grabbed it and ended up really liking it! This one is so sheer that wearing it alone isn't really an option - I've layered 2 coats over Zoya Hunter here.


The glitters in this are really pretty, and in the bottle, it really reminds me of slug slime. I'll admit, I don't know what the reference in the name is from lol but I like it anyway! I think it could be pretty layered over black too.


So, which of these random swatches is your favorite? I'd love to hear below! :)

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3