Tuesday, November 11, 2014

ILNP: Don't Trample My Roses (Old formula)

Hi everyone, hope your week is going great so far! I have today and tomorrow off, so I'm excited to catch up on some sleep and relaxing with some Netflix. Also, we have a mini photoshoot with our photographer so I'm excited for that. :D

Today I have another swatch post for you. A (long) while back, I Love Nail Polish had a massive clearance sale when they changed their formula. They felt the old formula smelled bad, so they changed it and all the old stock was marked down to half off! I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try ILNP for the first time, and I bought a bunch of pretty glitters.
This one is called Don't Trample My Roses.


I layered two sparse coats of Don't Trample My Roses over Sally Hansen Greige Gardens. Glitter payoff would have been fine with one thick coat, but I opted to scrape some glitter back in for each coat so I could mess around with placement a bit more. 


The base does have a strong smell, which is a bit unpleasant, but not the worst I've ever smelled. It wears off after a few hours and especially if you top it off with a thick topcoat like Seche Vite, which is what I used. I see why they wanted to switch, though. If you have a sensitive nose, this smell might bother you. But I just love the colors and I thought this was such a pretty and feminine combination!


Maybe it's because of the name, but this glitter mix reminds me of Sleeping Beauty. Love it!

What do you think of this mani? Did you buy any polishes from ILNP when they were switching formulas? Which ones did you get - I'd love to hear!

Thanks for looking!
<3 Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3