Thursday, December 10, 2015

Gingerbread Winter Scene for Nail Polish Canada

Hi loves! A while back, I was contacted by Nail Polish Canada and asked to join their holiday nail art challenge. I was so excited! And I worked really hard on this look - it took me like 2 hours lol. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going for, but I knew I wanted to do a winter scene. Here's what I came up with! :)



I started with a base of Sally Hansen Babe Blue on all nails. I'll just list here the polishes I used rather than going through what I used for each detail:

  • Stripe Rite in White
  • Stripe Rite in Black
  • Stripe Rite in Green
  • Zoya Sooki
  • Sinful Colors Black on Black
  • Sinful Colors Nirvana mixed with OPI First Date at the Golden Gate
  • Julie G Hot Cinnamon
  • Julie G Tangerine Dream
  • Julie G Rock Candy
  • Seche Vite
  • Butter London Matte Finish



That gingerbread house took me forever!! I couldn't get quite the right shade of brown, which is why I mixed my own. I used dotting tools and thin brushes to do the smaller details. I was a bit disappointed that the Seche Vite smeared my gingerbread house a bit, even though I let it dry forever!! I think it's probably time for a new bottle. I also just recently got KB Shimmer's Clearly on Top, which I've heard great things about. Maybe it will become my new go-to! :)


I was SO in love with how these came out! And I got a ton of compliments on them. People kept asking me if they were stickers. :) I went through and took macros of each nail to really show the detail. This is the gingerbread house before matte topcoat.


After matte topcoat:


Snowman, matted!


Gingerbread man, matted :)


And snowy Christmas tree, matted!


These nails really got me into the holiday spirit. I am super excited to work on some more holiday nails before Christmas gets here. 

I am really thankful to be a part of this Holiday Nail Art contest with Nail Polish Canada. I've seen some of the other artists' work, and they are killer!! You can join in and enter the contest yourself, by checking out the link below. Just click that you are interested in participating, and follow the instructions. The deadline is December 18th! I'd love to see what you guys come up with! <3

If you like my Gingerbread Winter Scene nail art, please vote for me at this link. I so appreciate your support!!

Thank you for reading, and Happy Holidays! <3
Kelly



1 comment:

  1. These nails are so cute and have so much detail! Best of luck in the contest :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3