Monday, November 26, 2012

China Glaze Pure Joy - Quick swatch post

Hey there everybody - Happy Monday! I hope you are all recovered from a long weekend of eating, shopping and relaxing...at least that's what I did! I've just got a quick post for today of some swatches I did a while back. 

I fell in love with China Glaze Pure Joy as soon as I saw it, so I knew it needed to be mine. Just a head's up, there is an Orly that looks just like this that also came out for the holidays this year. It's called Devil May Care. I looked at both of them at Sally's, and they were so identical that I really couldn't justify buying them both, even for the purposes of a dupe post. Sorry - I AM a poor grad student after all!

China Glaze - Pure Joy bottle shot
This beauty is packed full of red and gold glitters - so Christmasy! I decided I wanted to layer it after doing one coat on a swatch wheel and seeing how opaque it was. The following photos are 2 generous coats of Pure Joy. I used glue basecoat for easy removal, and topped with OTD. It was still really textured after topcoat, so I would have used HK Girl or SV if I did this mani again. The formula was perfect, it applied super smoothly and evenly even with being so full of glitter. I definitely recommend picking up this one - it's stunning!

China Glaze Pure Joy
China Glaze Pure Joy - close up

China Glaze Pure Joy
That's all for today! Do you like Pure Joy? If you have both, how does this polish compare to Orly's Devil May Care? I'd love to hear your thoughts below! :D


Kelly

4 comments:

  1. This is incredibly festive and red really become you, lady =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty glitter! It's so sparkling and festive, perfect for this time of the year. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Yun! It definitely is a perfect holiday polish!:)

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3