Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Movember Mani

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Got a bunch going on and really busy with work. Today, I have a special mani to share with you.

A while back, I was contacted by a fellow blogger named Melissa from Missy's Manicures. She reached out to several of us bloggers, asking if we'd be willing to do a mani supporting Men's Health Month aka Movember. Of course I said yes! I love coming together with others to bring awareness to important issues like this. You can read about Missy's inspirational story here. And click here to find out how you can get involved!

Now onto the nails. The color for prostate cancer awareness is light blue, and testicular cancer is orchid, so I decided to do a mani with both of those colors. I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Lively Lilac, and Revlon Dreamer. I attempted freehanding little mustaches with my Stripe Rite Nail Art Brush - it was harder than I thought! I hope you like my Movember mani! Make sure to check out the other ladies as well. :D





Thanks for looking! <3

Kelly


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh theyre so cute! And purple is my fave nail polish colour so this mani is an automatic win for me. Such a good cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! You are a brave woman to freehand the mustaches--they're tough! I have only used decals because I'm pretty sure mine will turn out looking like I spilled polish :) It means so much to me that you did such a wonderful mani for this--thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa!! I'm SO glad you like it. Trust me, I totally would have used decals if I'd had any, these were really hard to do lol! I'm glad I could help with raising awareness :)

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3