Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mentality: Apex & Revelry

Hi guys, hope your week is starting off okay. Mine's been good - very busy but otherwise can't complain! I do know I've been loving this cooler fall weather; I've gotten to break out some of my favorite hoodies! I love hoodie/cardigan weather. Fall is definitely my favorite - that's why we are planning a fall wedding for next year. :)

Anyway - the cooler temperatures have inspired me to show some gorgeous polishes that remind me of fall. The two polishes I've swatched for you today are from Mentality. All of their polishes are AMAZING, but these two really caught my eye because orange is my favorite color. 
I originally bought Apex because I thought it was a kind of orange colored holo, but it turned out to be SO much better than that!


Apex is described by Mentality as a sparkling red copper holographic stained glass polish with gold glass accents. Let me just say that the amount of holographic goodness in this polish is SO unbelievably strong - almost too much for my brain (let alone camera) to comprehend!! I mean, yeah, it looked pretty in the bottle, but once I put it on, I think I literally exclaimed, WHOA! :O I have a video up at my Instagram if you're interested to see this baby in action.


This is 3 coats, but I easily could have gotten away with 2. 3 is just kinda habit for me, but Apex is pretty opaque even over stained nails. These photos are even shown with HK Girl topcoat - so you can see that topcoat does nothing to lessen the holo effect. :)


This really might be the strongest holo effect out of all the polishes I own. I could not stop staring at it. It's a must have!


Next up is a Revelry, a super fun microglitter that I picked up on a whim a while back and later realized that it is the perfect Halloween polish! Halloween is clearly my favorite holiday, so I fell in love.


Revelry is made up of orange, silver, and black microglitters in a clear base. It can be layered or can easily be built up to full opacity on its ow, which is how I've shown it here. I used my trusty Yellow Stopper basecoat for easy removal later, 3 coats of Revelry and HK Girl topcoat. The surface was completely smooth - it's not super gritty even without topcoat, which is nice. Another thing I loved about this was ease of application. A lot of times with microglitters, you can get clumps, an even surface, and the final mani looking kind of chunky on the nail. Revelry was a dream to apply - the polish seemed to just glide on, no clumping, no dragging, no bald spots. All the glitters dispersed evenly, no dabbing needed. I love when a polish formula surprises you like that!


When Mentality released the microglitters, they had a matte line and a sparkly line. This one is clearly from the Sparkly line! When the sun hits it, it is blindingly glitzy - I love it! I definitely see myself wearing this one a lot over the upcoming season.


Overall, I could not be happier with these two polishes. Not only are the formulas both on point, but the color choices are perfect and the sparkle is unbelievable. These are those kind of polishes that when you wear them, strangers grab your hands and ooh and ahh (which is awkward, but kinda cool in a way).

I don't believe these two are available anymore (I could be wrong!), but be sure to check out Mentality's shop to see their huge array of polishes in a variety of finishes and pretty much any color you can think of and then some! Also, follow them on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to keep up to date on new collections and sales! <3

What do you think of these two? Which is your favorite - I'd love to hear below!

Thanks for reading,
Kelly

*These polishes were purchased by me, and the above review reflects my honest opinions. I am not being compensated in any way for this post. Please see my disclosure statement for more information.*

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3