Monday, September 1, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative - Geometric #1 (Tetris)

Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend. I spent mine with my fiance and his parents, we went to the range, did some grilling and visited a local brewery. It was a fun and relaxing weekend! I'm not looking forward to returning to work, but at least it's a short week! :)

I have an exciting announcement for you today. I took a little hiatus from my beloved nail art group, The Nail Challenge Collaborative, back when I was switching jobs and I didn't have enough time for it. I recently asked Katee if I could come back, and she added me back to the group!! I'm SO happy to be back, this is such a wonderful group of ladies, and I am never short on inspiration when seeing all their manis. This month's theme is Geometric, and for my first look, I did a Tetris theme!



I used Vivid Lacquer stamping plate VL002 to create a stamping decal on my stampers using the technique I found on Chi Chi Cho. Once dry, I colored in the Tetris blocks using several different colors, let's see if I can remember...Wet n Wild I Red a Good Book, Essie Butler Please, Fingrs Meet Me in the Green Room, Sinful Colors Dream On, Sinful Colors Citrine, Sally Hansen Lightening...I think that's everything! The base is Sinful Snow Me White. The decal and the color didn't transfer quite as cleanly as I would have liked, and the topcoat smeared my design a bit, but I still think it looks cool!



I'm obsessed with stamping decals, they just look so cool! What do you think of this look? I thought it fit perfectly with the geometric theme. I can't wait to see what the other girls come up with - check the links below to see! :)


6 comments:

  1. Great to see that your back in the group! What a awesome geometric manicure to start off with. I used to love playing tetris when I was younger too so these bring back fond memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really great to have a nail art group. I am in one too, called the Polish Addicts and I met a lot of lovely ladies there. About your manicure, it came out great and I really like the tetris theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to NCC! I think you did an awesome job with your decals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I think your nails look just amazing and I Love your blog as well! I look forward to read your next post :) 

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3