Sunday, September 21, 2014

Random Skittle mani with Mentality and Nail Vinyls

Hi everyone, happy Sunday! Today I have a super random mani to share with you. A while back, I had a couple new Mentality shades (Overcast and Siren) to try out and I had no clue what I wanted to do with them, so I sort of made it up as I went along. 


I had already put on a base of OPI Where's My Czechbook? with an accent of Dollish Polish Inconceivable on my ring finger. Then, I broke out my Nail Vinyls. I used my lightning bolts, zebra print, and mini chevrons to create most of the looks here - on my middle finger I just used two squares of Scotch tape to tape off the checkers.


Then, I carefully painted over the vinyls with Overcast on my index and ring, Siren on my pinky, and both on my middle. I carefully peeled the vinyls off while the polish was still wet. Then, after letting those dry for a while to avoid smearing, I topped it all off with a coat of Seche Vite to seal it all in!


Even though this look was kind of all over the place, I really liked that about it! It was fun and eye-catching, and I got to try my new colors out. I fell in love with Overcast, it's such an interesting shade. You don't really see how strong the shimmer is until you get it in certain lights. And Siren is an amazing, vampy holo - perfect for the fall. Here's one more shot with flash.


I really need to get some more Nail Vinyls, there are so many different shapes I haven't tried yet. I've been most interested in getting some stars, I think those would be so fun to play with! They're so easy to use and it makes your mani look way more complicated than it truly was. :) And don't forget to check Mentality's shop for superb quality mattes, holos, textures, you name it - and they are all incredibly reasonably priced. Visit their Facebook page here to stay up to date on new collections and sales! :)

What do you think of this mani? Which Mentality shade do you like best? Which Nail Vinyl shape is your favorite?? I'd love to hear below!
<3 Kelly


1 comment:

  1. This is fun! Love all the different designs you got especially the ring and pointer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3