Friday, April 27, 2012

Trying some new polishes :]

Haven't done too much art lately because of final presentations for school but I need feel a NEED to try out some of my new polishes that I got at Ulta the other day! I'm trying to grow my nails out, I'm really not used to them being so short, but I cut them at Easter to glue on artificial nails so they're still a work in progress. Also, ignore the cuticles - again, finals stress happened! :/


My first ever Zoya! This color is called Yara, and I LOVE it. It looked so much lighter in the bottle, it really reminded me of zombies and I was going to use it in a Walking Dead inspired mani I have been thinking about, but it turned out much more army green than zombie green. Still really cool color, and I love the gold sparkles in it, though they are hard to see in the picture.


Later in the week, I decided to add something to it by trying a gold glitter gradient. The gradient is Sinful Colors in Paris. I really like how this combination turned out.


Really hard to get a good picture of my toenails because the flash is either too much or not enough! I think I was getting so frustrated because this color (Orly - Oui) is so, so different in person. The camera can't capture all of the different colors and sparkles in this shade, it's so pretty. In person, it looks much more gold and sparkly than purple.


Trying to get a picture in more natural light. Still doesn't do the color justice. This was my first Orly polish and I love it - will definitely buy more in the future.

This weekend I plan to try water marbling and finish up my District 4 mani so keep an eye out for those! :]

OH, and PS - I just signed up for the Julep Maven special where you can get the monthly box for just ONE PENNY! I totally thought it was too good to be true, but I just did it and my box is now on its way and I literally did not pay more than one cent because of the free shipping. So, if anyone reading this wants an entire box full of nail stuff for only a cent, click this link and do the style quiz! There is no obligation to keep the account after you receive your box, so as long as you cancel a month after you order, you will never pay anything else. SUCH a cool deal :]    http://www.julep.com?r=20589200


2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3