Monday, October 7, 2013

Nail Art Society: Foil & Decal Kit

Happy Monday everyone! Back to work this morning - it's still only my second week at this job, so I'm still really excited about it lol! Today I have to share with you this month's Nail Art Society kit. For those of you that don't know, Nail Art Society is an awesome monthly subscription that you can get for $11.95 per month. Each month, you will receive a selection of nail polish and nail art supplies hand selected by Renowned Artists (like me!). We are truly committed to making sure customers are receiving the best value for their money, as well as nail art items that are on trend, useful and versatile. I strongly recommend checking it out! :)

This month's polish was sent by Jessica. It's a gorgeous shade from their fall collection called Cinnamon Kiss. You will also receive 2 sets of Cala nail decals, one pot of gold foil, one pot of silver foil, and 2 packages of rhinestones (not pictured).


My first thought was to try nail art looks using ONLY what came in the kit. Here's what I came up with!





The polish is a wonderfully vampy shade that's perfect for Fall. It was perfection in 2 coats - no complaints here! The decals were super simple to apply - just peel and stick. I added topcoat over them to be sure they didn't fall off, and I had no problems. The foil is a bit trickier. It's very, very fragile - it's lighter than you might think! You have to be very careful handling it or it will rip. For that reason, I think the easiest way to use it is to shred it and use it as a flaky overlay. If you are very careful, though, you can smooth it flat on top of wet topcoat. I recommend topcoating over it as well, or else it will flake off. For the last photo above, on the silver nails, I laid down the foil flat on top of wet topcoat, and then while it was still wet, I stretched it around a bit and it made a cool crackle effect. :)

I also wanted to try the two foils over some other colors of polish. This is the gold foil over Revlon Topaz.



And this is the silver foil over Sinful Shine in Slick.


So what do you think of these looks? Have you worked with foil before - any tips? Which is your favorite look created above! I'd love to hear below. <3

Don't forget, if you'd like to receive this kit, you still have until the 15th to subscribe and get this one. And, this month only - when you enter the code "Shemar" you will receive 10% off. Shemar Moore, who plays Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds, is a friend of one of our founders, and Tia has created this discount for any of his fans who sign up this month! How awesome is that?! :)

Nail Art Society website
Nail Art Society on Facebook
Nail Art Society on Twitter
Nail Art Society on Instagram

Thanks for reading!
<3 Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I love the wide variety of looks you created here! I love the gold foil over the Revlon polish!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3