Sunday, January 17, 2016

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Purple #1 (Cats!)

Hi everyone! I'm a bit late sharing my NCC manis with you this month! I have had most of them done, but just haven't gotten around to editing and posting. I wish I could tell you I had a good excuse, but really after Christmas I just have wanted to be so lazy! :D

This month's theme is purple, which really left it open to a lot of interpretation. I really wanted to try out my new Bundle Monster plates, so here is what I came up with for my first purple look!


I started with a base of Jindie Nails Purple Universary. I LOVE this polish, and I forgot how much I loved it. So happy to pull it out again for this challenge. :) It's a glorious purple jelly with all different sizes of circle glitters and tiny silver microglitters.


I sealed that in with a coat of HK Girl topcoat, then once that was dry, I stamped using Sinful Colors Snow Me White and BM-S161 and BM-S162. These plates are from the Fuzzy and Fericious collection, and I was so excited to try them out! I'm obviously a crazy cat lady, so this set was right up my alley. There are lots of other animals on there too, though. I thought they stamped great!


I did screw up the placement on my ring finger, so I tried to quickly swipe it off with a cotton swab and some acetone. I thought once I stamped over it, it wouldn't be noticeable, but oh well. I still really like how these came out! I even got a compliment from the Verizon guy when I was getting my new phone lol.

Be sure to check out the other ladies' looks for Week 1! And thanks for stopping by <3
Kelly



3 comments:

  1. Love the super cute cat themed stamping to these nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute mani! The base polish reminds me of a blue toned cosmic forces. I still don't see what you do on your ring finger, but when you mess up placement in the future try removing the stamp with tape first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nothing too terrible, just some slight streaks - annoyed me a bit but glad to hear it's not too noticeable to others. :) And thanks so much for the tip for removing the stamp!! I haven't tried that before, but I definitely will give it a shot next time! :)

      Delete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3