Monday, January 25, 2016

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Purple #3 (Leadlighting)

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I got a lot done, but found some time for relaxing too. We didn't get any snow at all here in Dayton, but I might as well have been snowed in for how much I left the house haha.

Today, I want to show you my next mani for the NCC's Purple month! This time, I did some fun leadlighting nail art. After I had to get rid of all my Mentality glazes, I tried to find some other polishes in my stash that were sheer enough for leadlighting, and I have to say, this was kind of a fail. But, live and learn right? :)

I started with a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White and stamped over it using my super squishy marshmallow stamper from Born Pretty Store, and my Konad Black. I totally forgot my liquid latex this time - oops!


I picked up these Sinful Colors "Opalescent" polishes last year or the year before. They are marketed as a sheerer polishes, so I was hoping these would work for leadlighting. They ended up being a touch too pigmented for this sort of nail art, but I still like it. I intended for the purple to be more of the focus, but the blue and green sort of pull your eye too, but I think it still works for the purple theme!


I used my dotting tool and Sinful Colors in: Flight to See, Prized Plume, and Sheer Flight to fill in the flowers. I didn't love the white popping through, so I grabbed another Sinful Colors in Flutter to lightly color those spots in.


I used HK Girl topcoat to seal it all in, but I felt the shininess made it even harder to see the black outlines peeking through, so I matted it using Butter London's matte topcoat.


Overall, I really liked how these nails came out! I am still on a hunt for a full collection of glazes that I can use for leadlighting. I found a few colors from Rica that work great, but I need MORE colors lol! :) Ever since I got all these new stamps that are so open and leave so much room for coloring in, I've been obsessed!

If you do decide to try out that super squishy stamper, or anything else on Born Pretty Store's website, feel free to use my code to get an additional 10% off your entire order. :)



Anyway, be sure to check out the rest of the ladies looks for Week 3!
Thanks for looking! <3
Kelly


2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3