Friday, August 16, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Around the World #1

Hi everyone! Playing catch-up here with my NCC manis. Here's my first Around the World design - this one isn't really inspired by a specific place but it just popped into my head. It's sort of a tribal-looking snake print design, so it reminded me of an exotic destination. :) This mani was done right after I went crazy and decided to try rounding my nails. This is the first time I have EVER changed the shape of my nails. I've always had squovals (or, when I was younger, bitten nubs :o) but I felt like I had to do something different. Check it out!


I used two coats of my favorite Mentality polish to date, Bandit. It's a gorgeous emerald green matte. I had been searching for something to squash my lemming OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow Suede. My search is officially over! It's not an exact dupe, but it's close enough for me. Such a beautiful green. Then, I used Mentality Proper to stamp with. I can't remember the exact stamping plate, I'm sorry! I believe this was one of my Pueen plates. No topcoat in these photos.


Then, I decided to see how it would look with topcoat, so I added one coat of Seche Vite. And my brain exploded. Bandit is even MORE beautiful with topcoat!! Check out all that sparkle! I love these colors together :)


I guess I wasn't quite done playing, because after I got photos, I got my file out. Even though I had just rounded off my nails, I wasn't quite happy. So, I made stilettos! Or at least, as close as I could get while my nails were at this length. I absolutely love the shape!!


What do you think of this mani? Can you get the tribal/exotic feel I was going for? What do you think of the shape? I love it, so I'm keeping it for now! I'd love to hear your thoughts! <3

Kelly

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3