Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Around the World #3

Hi guys! I've got my third Around the World mani for you today! My original plan for this one was to do a map background and paint and airplane with dotted lines touching down in several cities. I quickly realized that was going to be really hard to execute, so I settled for a treasure map instead. That counts for "Around the World", right?? I say yes!

Full credit for the inspiration for this has to go to Christa of ChrissyAi. I found her mani while browsing Google for "map nails" and I fell in love! I wasn't quite able to replicate her awesome treasure map exactly, but it definitely got the creative juices flowing! Here's a photo of hers:


And here's a look at my take!


For whatever reason, I had the hardest time with glare in these photos, no matter what I did! I suppose that's Seche Vite for you. For this mani, I started with a base of Essie Yogaga, and then I sponged a bit of Essie Mink Muffs for the darker edges to attempt at making the map look aged. For the black and white, I used my trusty Stripe Rite stripers. I drew the letters using a toothpick (that could have gone better haha)! And I used my Sinful Colors striper in Be My Valentine for the X!



Overall, I loved how this turned out. I especially love how the sponging made the map look old. I thought this was a really fun mani and I feel like it captured the essence of the challenge theme. :)
I'd love to hear your thoughts! <3

Kelly

9 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3