Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Around the World #4

Last but not least, for an Around the World themed challenge, I HAD to do a tribute to my homeland - Ireland!
Okay, so I'm not really FROM Ireland, per se, but I do have Irish heritage on both sides of my family. In fact, that's pretty much all we have to my knowledge. Way far back on my Dad's side, we have some German, but our most recent ancestors came from Ireland to Western PA. Can you tell I had way too much fun with my free Ancestry.com trial? Haha - anyway, onto the nails!


I chose to do an Irish-themed skittle for this mani. The base on all fingers but my thumb is Zoya Midori. My thumb is the Irish flag - for some reason, my camera was picking up the orange as more red-toned than it came across in person. I used Sinful Colors Exotic Green, Milani White on the Spot, and Milani Jiffy Orange. The glitter on my index finger is Candy Lacquer Kiss Me I'm Irish, and the glitter on my pinky is Sinful Colors Green Ocean. I drew a simple Celtic knot on my middle finger using my Orly water-based striper in Platinum, and the braid on my ring finger is an unnamed orange striper from Kiss, my white Stripe Rite striper, and Exotic Green again. PHEW - did you get all that!?


The knot design is actually based on a necklace my boyfriend parents got me from the Renaissance Faire last year. I LOVE it! The braid design is based on one I found on Google by Madam Luck. If you click on the link, she even gives a video tutorial! :)


Overall, I liked this, but still need to work on my freehanding skills for the knot. I think my favorite nail is the braid! :) What do you think? Do you have a favorite nail? I'd love to hear your thoughts below! <3

Kelly

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3