Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lucky 13 Lacquer - Softening the Bad Things

Good morning lovelies! I hope your Thursday is going better than mine - I'm in training during the morning and then I have to work 4-midnight! But, the good news is - I may have gotten a better position with my agency. It's not technically official yet, but pretty much!! So excited :)
Today, I have a gorgeous polish that is perfect for any mood you're in - Softening the Bad Things from Lucky 13 Lacquer. When you're having a down day, put on this polish and remind yourself of the heartwarming Doctor Who episode featuring Van Gogh, and the cheery sunflowers he painted for Amy! I have to admit, I haven't watched a ton of Doctor Who, but my boyfriend is obsessed, so I have seen some. That was one of my favorite episodes that I've seen. 

Anywho, back to the polish. StBT is a lovely pale blue jelly base full of gold hexes in different sizes as well as tiny bronze microglitters. In case you were wondering, here is the painting that the polish is meant to represent - I think Kyoti did a stellar job with that!


I used 3 coats for the photos below. Formula was great! You may notice in the photos that there is some slight curling on some of the larger gold glitter. It wasn't much of a problem with a couple coats of Seche Vite, but you'll be glad to know that Kyoti has reformulated this polish for the second batch and is using new gold glitters that don't curl! Yay! :) 
One of the best parts about this polish, IMHO, is that a portion of the proceeds - $1 from each bottle - goes to NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)! As a Clinical Psychology student, that just makes me happy. Now look at pictures!!!



Okay, this was so beyond awesome. 17 is my lucky number! (13 is my second lol) I didn't even ask for it, it just happened that way. I was so excited when I got the package.


Here's a look at StBT in the shade so you can really see how the glitters sparkle!




I absolutely adore this polish. It just puts me in a wonderful, cheerful mood every time I look at it. This (along with Sharp of Mind and Accio Lacquer, which you will see soon!) were my first experiences with Lucky 13, and I was blown away! Kyoti has such creative ideas for polish and they come out just beautifully, and apply like a dream, especially for how much glitter they have. I definitely recommend trying some of her pretties. :)
Click click:

Thanks for reading <3
Kelly

2 comments:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3