Monday, September 23, 2013

Model City Polish - Halloween Collection (pic heavy)

Hey lovelies! Happy Monday :) I finally have my swatches ready of Model City's awesome Halloween collection! This is the perfect Halloween trio, and best of all, it's scented! You can get it unscented too, if you want to, but the scents are fabulous, so I definitely recommend trying them.

First up is Bobbing for Apples, a clear based glitter topper with large red dots, red holographic hexes and iridescent microglitters. The iridescent glitters remind me a bit of Pure Ice Sugar Cookie, which I LOVE! This polish is scented like apples - one of my favorite scents! The apple scent smells very fresh, it's not at all overpowering, but you can smell it through even Seche Vite topcoat. :)


For the following swatches, I used two coats of Bobbing for Apples over Sinful Black on Black and Zoya Sooki. You could certainly use 1 coat if you like, but I prefer LOTS of glitter! :) I used one coat of Seche Vite topcoat and everything felt flat and smooth.



Next is The Great Pumpkin Massacre. It's a clear base with orange and black holographic glitter, and I think I spot green glitters, but I didn't see those mentioned in the listing. It's scented like Pumpkin Bread!! Nom nom nom! This polish smells good enough to eat!! (Don't eat it.)






For the following swatches, I used 2 coats of The Great Pumpkin Massacre over China Glaze Creative Fantasy and Sinful Exotic Green. Warning - Exotic Green stains terribly! My thumb and ring finger are still tinted green :(




Last is Witch's Brew! It's a clear base full of glitters in purple, blue grey, green, black and purple iridescent glitters. This one is fruit punch scented!! I could not stop smelling my nails when I had this on, lol. It reminded me a lot of that Zebra gum I had when I was little, with the rainbow stripes.




For these swatches, I used two coats of Witch's Brew over Revlon Haunted Heart and China Glaze Immortal. Formula was perfect everything came out easily and evenly. 1 coat of topcoat and everything was flat.





I absolutely LOVE this collection!! Halloween is my favorite holiday, and Nina has created some amazing quality polishes for it. If you try this collection, I definitely recommend trying the scents!
Which of these is your favorite? I'd love to hear below! <3

Model City Polish on Etsy
Model City Polish blog
Model City Polish on Facebook
Model City Polish on Instagram
Model City Polish on Twitter

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3