Monday, September 16, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Technique #1 (Using Born Pretty Store Water Decals)

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent some time with my boyfriend's family and went to their County Fair which was a lot of fun. I ate way too much fair food, but it was all worth it because it was delicious! Plus, it was nice to just get away for a couple days and spent some time hanging out with his family. But now, it's back to reality. 
To brighten up this Monday, I have a fun post for you today! This month is Technique month in the NCC, so I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to share my review of Born Pretty Store's feather water decals. I love water decals, I think they are such a fun and easy way to create a striking nail art look. 

Here's a look at the entire sheet of decals. This one retails for $4.73 USD, so I think it's an amazing value!!


These instructions weren't as funny as the other water decals I reviewed from BPS, lol! The only thing I do differently is I don't blow dry my nails, I just let them air dry.


I wanted to try a couple of different colors of feathers, so for my left hand, I started with a base of Zoya Zara - such a gorgeous light purple with a strong gold shimmer!





Then, I picked a set of decals and I cut them from the sheet, so they would be easier to cut out individually. I chose these black feathers because they had little purple dots that matched my base polish really well!


I followed the instructions listed about, and here is how it turned out!


With topcoat, you couldn't feel that the decals were there at all - they lay completely smooth on the nail. Which is saying something, because my nail beds are very curved, and I have a hard time getting anything to lay flat.


For my right hand, I chose a base of Hard Candy - Crush on Caribbean. I love the finish of this polish! It's a super shiny turquoise foil/metallic.



I went with the yellow feathers for a nice contrast.


I love how this came out! This proves that water decals are so easy, you can even apply them perfectly with your non-dominant hand. :)



So, there you have it - my first "Technique" post of the month! What do you think of water decals? I'd love to hear about your experiences with this technique! Oh, and don't forget - if you buy these or anything else from Born Pretty Store, you can use my coupon to take 10% off your order by entering this code! :)


Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I have these but have yet to use them, this further motivates me to finally bust them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the zoya and the hard candy polishes are so gorgeous!!!! And I really like the water decals you chose.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3