Thursday, September 26, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Technique #3 (Dry Marble)

Happy Thursday everyone! Well, today is my last day in my current job - after the weekend, I start my new job as a Case Manager!! I'm really excited, it sounds like it's a perfect position for me and I think I'm really going to enjoy it. So, anyway with that good news out of the way - how about some nails!?
For this week of Technique Month, I decided to try to tackle a dry marble, or needle marble. This is something I have never, ever tried before and I was nervous, but I think it turned out okay. Check it out!



So, what I did was, I followed the tutorial from StrawBrie (the best I could lol)!


I started with a base of white, and the colors I used were Sinful Colors Bikini, Sinful Colors Let's Meet, Sally Hansen Limestone, and an unnamed Fingrs mini that came with the Black Spotted kit. I started with the index, so I think I kind of got better as I went on. I think the trick to this is that you have to do way bigger globs of polish than you think you do! And don't press the needle down deep at all. Otherwise, you'll just get white lines like I did on my index. And you have to work quick! You can see again, on my index that the color didn't really drag through because it had already dried. A thick coat of topcoat will do wonders for the final step - I hated it before the topcoat! :)



This is definitely one of those things that I think will get better with practice, and also learning what polishes work well with this will help. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this or any tips you might have to offer?
As always, thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3