Saturday, April 4, 2015

March Ipsy Bag: Floral Fantasy

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a great week and have a fun Easter weekend planned! I think I'm going to try and make a big Easter meal on Sunday since my fiance and I both have off, which is RARE! I'm also excited because I love food haha.

Today, I have a fun post for you. This is my first ever Ipsy Glam Bag!! I have always been kind of on the fence, but recently I thought, why not try it, and if it sucks I can cancel? Turns out it doesn't suck! In this post, I'll be showing you all the items I received in this month's Glam Bag, along with my thoughts on each one and how much the retail value is, to show you whether this bag is really worth the $10 or not.

Let's start with the bag itself. It's got a lovely floral pattern, I absolutely love the bright, bold colors! Perfect for spring. This bag's theme is Floral Fantasy, so this bag is perfect. :)


I absolutely loved the detail of the branding on the zipper tab. I thought it was a really cute extra touch that I wasn't expecting. :)


I thought I would show the card that came in the bag. It tells you a bit about the inspiration for this month's bag, along with an opportunity for you to win a year's worth of Glam Bags free!


On the other side, there are some photos of Ipsy's featured artists! I'm not sure if they are using the products included in this month's bag, but either way, they are all stunning!


Now, for the items. I'll list the brand, name, and description of what it is, and then I'll include the retail price and my thoughts on each item.

LeeAnni Eco.
3 in 1 Revolution LIGHT
Toner Serum and moisturizer in one


Description from the LeeAnni Eco website:
LIGHTER version of 3 in 1 Revolution. Great for normal to oily skin and during warmer weather.
Toner, Serum, and Moisturizer in One. This Revolutionary Lotion will save your time during busy morning rush and moisturize your face all day long!  

Skin type: Oily skin

Properties of ingredients: Help tighten Skin, reduce breakouts, relieve dark circles under Eyes, moisturize, fight Aging, treat sun damages, and calm irritated skin.

Gluten-Free *  Natural  * Vegan
2.0 fl oz retails for $17.48

My thoughts:
I did like how this product made my skin feel, although I find myself still reaching for my usual facial moisturizer. I have really sensitive skin, so I can only use certain things for moisturizer. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of the scent. So, while it was fun to try it out a couple times, I think I'll stick with my go-to!


pur~lisse
pur~delicate 
gentle soy milk cleanser & makeup remover


Description from the pur~lisse site:
Appreciate your skin, don’t irritate it. Cleanse away the day with this gentle, non~irritating blend of Soy Milk, Soy Proteins, Whole Oat and White Tea. A mild soap~free, non~foaming cleanser that respects the delicate nature of your skin. Leaves your face touchable and silky soft, without a trace of impurity.

5.6 oz retails for $36.

My thoughts:
I love this cleanser! It smells great, very fresh and I loved how clean it made my skin feel without overdrying.

Crown Brush
Deluxe Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet


My thoughts:
I'm not a real pro with my makeup, I play it pretty safe. But this brush worked great with the following shadow duo. I used one side for each color and ended up with a really pretty look. :)

pixi by petra
Mesmerizing Mineral Duo
Apricot Glow



I couldn't find any mineral shadow duos on the pixi website, but I did find a Mesmerizing Mineral palette with six differently colors.

Description from the pixi by petra site:

Six silky, coordinated, must-have shades to use together or solo plus a double-ended sponge applicator for fast & fuss-free application.

The six-shade palettes retail for $12, and there are 5 different color palettes. I think this Apricot Glow duo would have most likely come from the Copper Peach palette.

My thoughts:
LOVE LOVE LOVE. This duo is absolutely gorgeous, and honestly, these two colors are exactly what I would have chosen for myself. I adore wearing coppery/red eyeshadow, I think it goes well with my skin tone and hair color. It's kind of my go-to, so when I saw this duo, I was stoked! The formula was really lovely. Perfect pigmentation, went on smoothly and didn't crumble everywhere. And I found that these two shades complement each other perfectly, I wore the darker shade on my eyelid and the lighter shade on the crease and slightly dusted on my brow line. It came out great! :)

NYX
Butter Lipstick
Little Susie



Description from the NYX site:
Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful.

Retails for $6.

My thoughts:
This was the item in my bag I was most excited to see! I love NYX products and this lipstick was no exception! The shade is gorgeous, perfect for spring, and the formula is flawless. Butter Lipstick is really a perfect description, it glides on so smoothly and evenly. So happy to add this beauty to my lippy collection, which is small but slowly growing. ;)

And, here's everything all together! Such a great value! I've broken down the actual value for you below. I calculated it to the best of my ability using the retail values of the full size items and dividing them out to match the amount in the sample.



So, to recap, the monetary values of these sample sizes are as follows...

LeeAnni: 4.37
pur~lisse: 6.42
pixi by petra: 4.00
Crown brush: 6.99
NYX lipstick: 6.00

Total value = 27.78 ! And that doesn't even include the actual bag, which I think is adorable and I definitely will use. I think it's the perfect size for carrying on the go cuticle balms and oils!

So, this was my first ever Ipsy bag and I wasn't really sure what to expect. Turns out I was very pleasantly surprised. This is well worth the $10, obviously! And what's even better, in my opinion, is it gives me an opportunity to try things I maybe wouldn't have given a chance, or things I hadn't even heard of...which is awesome! :)

Hope you enjoyed my review! If you'd like to sign up for Ipsy, and start receiving these monthly glam bags for only $10/month, you can click here to learn more! :)

2 comments:

  1. Some pretty nice stuff you received for your first bag with them. I've always been on the fence about getting one but maybe sometime in the future I will. The print on the bag is cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3