Sunday, April 19, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Recreate Another Member's Look #1 (Doctor Crafty)

Hi everyone! This month's theme for the Nail Challenge Collaborative is to recreate looks done previously by other members. Any mani was fair game, so this was really tough to narrow down! The first one I knew I wanted to try though, was this awesome quatrefoil look done by Doctor Crafty.

Here is the photo I used for inspiration:


And here is my take! I didn't have the exact shade of grey/purple that she used, so I chose something that was similar. :)


I started with a base of Sinful Shine polish in Who's Your Gloss, then I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and the polish brush to dab on white clover shapes. I went in with my Stripe Rite brush in white to make the little dashes. Once that was dry, I used my biggest dotting tool and Who's Your Gloss again to make the smaller clovers. I used HK Girl to top it all off! :)


This has been a look I've been wanting to try for a long time, and I loved Doctor Crafty's color choices! She did an awesome look and I was so excited to try it out for myself! I got a lot of compliments on this mani. My coworker didn't believe me at first that these weren't decals! Gotta love when that happens lol.


Thanks for looking, and be sure to check out the looks that the other ladies created for Week 1! <3


1 comment:

  1. You did awesome recreating this particular design. It feels so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3