Thursday, April 30, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Recreate Another Member's Look #4 (The Polish Playground)

Hello lovelies! Today I have my final look for the Nail Challenge Collaborative's April theme. I think this one was the hardest, even though I thought it looked simple enough. I was mistaken lol!

Today's mani is based on a really fun dotted look by Lisa of the Polish Playground! Check out the mani she did: 


I thought, oh, dots - no problem! Wrong! The first time I tried, I had to take one of the nail's polish off because I screwed it up so bad lol. The pattern of these is pretty tough. I ended up looking over Lisa's post and using the video tutorial she used, done by Cute Polish. The tutorial is here if anyone is curious! Now, here is my mani!


I used NYC Plaza Plumberry for the outside two nails, same as my last mani - it's a great shade! Then I used Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Wet Cement for the base on the middle two nails, and dotted with Plaza Plumberry, Sinful Colors Orange Cream and Pink Forever, and OPI You're Such a Budapest. I used HK Girl topcoat to top it off. :)


I had to post a shot with flash to show how the bright colors really pop against the gray!


This was a really fun design, I got a lot of compliments on it. Thanks so much to Lisa for the inspiration! It was a really great idea - I can't wait to try it with even more color schemes. :D

I had a lot of fun with this month's theme, it really allowed me to push myself and try new things. I had a lot of great inspiration to choose from, since the other ladies in the group are such great artists! I hope to do this again sometime. :)

Be sure to check out everyone's last mani for the month, and check back soon for my May designs - the theme is Spring Flowers - I can't wait!! I am definitely going to be drawing on Wondrously Polished for inspiration lol.

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly


1 comment:

  1. You did amazingly well on it! I thought it would be easy as well so that tutorial from cutepolish was really helpful to use as a guide.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3