Sunday, November 18, 2012

Daily Lacquer: Usagi

Hey lovelies! Today I have a post for you that is LONG overdue! I've been so backed up on posts, these photos have been just patiently waiting to be posted for a couple weeks. My wonderful friend Maggy has a relatively new brand of polishes out that are simply stunning. You may also know her as The Daily Lacquerista - she's got a fabulous nail blog which you can find here. She's part of an EPIC giveaway at the moment. Plus, her Etsy shop is now open and she's been bringing in tons of business, and I am super proud of her!!! I've got several of her polishes to show you and today I've got the first one - Usagi.

This polish is from the Lovely Moon Collection, which you can pick up here. Usagi is a clear base with blue hexes, red squares, gold bars and hexes, white hearts and silver moons! First up are the bottle shots. First of all, let me say I messed up the label on this polish :( I was adding a bit of thinner to the polish, and a couple of drips fell on the label and smudged it :( Just wanted to say that was all me! Look how cute the bottle is (other than my "oops")!

Daily Lacquer - Usagi
Each uniquely shaped bottle comes with an adorable little bow! What a nice touch :D

The label on the bottom - how cute are these!?
Macro shot in the bottle...DROOL!!!
I chose to layer this polish over black because I thought the colors of glitter would really pop over a dark base. This is one coat of Usagi over Wet n Wild Black Creme. I did dab on the big shapes because I found that the first time I did this mani and tried to just brush swipe them on, I either got none, or like a million lol! I preferred to place them on my own. :)

Daily Lacquer Usagi
 Please ignore the bubbles UGH! I painted on the Seche Vite while the Gelous was not dry yet and bubbles happened. :( I was losing light and didn't have time to redo the mani!

Daily Lacquer - Usagi
Daily Lacquer Usagi
Daily Lacquer Usagi
What do you guys think of Usagi?? Have you picked up any of Maggy's polishes yet? She's got an AMAZING Holo-Day collection out right now that you won't want to miss out on! Here's some helpful links :)

The Daily Lacquerista (nail blog)
Daily Lacquer on Etsy
Daily Lacquer on Facebook


Thanks for looking you guys - Happy Sunday! <3


Kelly

11 comments:

  1. I just let out such a huge squeak of geeker joy--I love this!! I've already opened Maggy's shop in another window, and this and Maokoto *must* be mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!!! This glitter is so cool!!!! I have never seen so many different glitter shapes in one bottle before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SO MUCH Kelly!! I'm adding my collections back up because I have made more!!! You are WONDERFUL!! Oh and I have spilled thinner all over labels before and screwed them up. I did that to one of my bottles of Rainbow Honey it was a sad sad day. I've changed the formula a bit since I've given it to you and they're much thinner and with a smidge less glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a glitter bomb dude. WOW.. so awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful swatches! The moon-shaped glitters are so fun and pretty! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3