Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fall into Autumn: Day 11 - Autumn Dots

Hey guys! Happy Saturday :D I have yesterday and today off and I am most definitely taking advantage of the time off to catch up on swatches, cleaning, and resting. Work has been stressful lately :/

Today I've got another Fall into Autumn post for you. The challenge is coming to a close and even though it's been really fun, I've gotta say I'll be glad when I can kick back a bit. I'm gonna lay off challenges for a while after this so I can get back into doing my own thing day to day. :]
Anyway, today's post is Autumn Dots. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with the dots so I just did a bit of everything. I get excited when I get a chance to pull out my trusty dotting tool, so I did a mix of designs. I used Essie Yogaga for the base and the colors of the dots are Butter London Wallis, Pillar Box Red, & West End Wonderland, Milani Jiffy Orange & Signature Gold, and SH Insta-Dri Lightening. I topped with 2 coats of HK Girl - really not sure why these photos came out looking so mattified! They are not at all. Must be my lighting or something.





Close up of my thumb
One more for good measure with a strategically placed watermark lol
So what do you think of my dots?? I think I'm getting better with using the dotting tool :) I am LOVING Yogaga, definitely my new favorite nude. My accent nail turned out a bit Christmasy, but I still like it. And I think Wallis is the perfect fall color. Overall, I'm really happy with this look!
Have a great weekend everyone <3

Kelly


Check out the other manis in the challenge here:

16 comments:

  1. Lovely! I like the randomness of patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm super indecisive so I end up doing that a lot :) I like it that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Your dots are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! The ring finger can blend you right into Christmas too! IT'S APPROACHING =DDD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect dots Kelly!! I love this for sure!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty!! I always love doing dotted manis they always come out so interesting and you can create a really intricate look with them :) Really loving this beautiful job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, this is so cute, pretty, and autumn-y! I love it! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww very nice. Love the colors. You did great

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3