Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pretty and Polished - Everybody Loves Penguin

Hey loves! Today I've got a real stunner to show you :) I was lucky enough to get to try one of the Pretty & Polished holiday polishes a while back and I FINALLY got around to swatching it! I picked Everybody Loves Penguin, because I knew I didn't have anything quite like it in my collection.

Everybody Loves Penguin is a white crelly base with hexes in small yellow, medium black, and large black. 

Pretty & Polished Everybody Loves Penguin
Label shot
Macro in the bottle - isn't it unique?
I swatched this one on a swatch wheel and noticed it was pretty buildable, but I wanted to try both layering it  and painting it on its own. For the swatches below, my thumb and ring finger are 3 coats of ELP alone, and the other fingers are 2 coats layered over Milani White on the Spot. I topped it off with 1 coat of SV and good to go! :)

Pretty & Polished Everybody Loves Penguin
Pretty & Polished Everybody Loves Penguin
The shot below is of my thumb - 3 coats of ELP on it's own with 1 coat of SV overtop.

Macro on the nail
Pretty & Polished Everybody Loves Penguin
Pretty & Polished Everybody Loves Penguin
Formula on this was great. I think I prefer it layered over a white creme, both to conserve polish and to add just a touch brighter base color, but you almost can't tell apart the nails I layered and the ones I didn't, so it's preference really. The biggest hexes didn't fight me as much as I thought they would, but hand placing them is best just because of their size. I had no problems getting them out of the bottle, though. And the corners of the biggest hexes don't lay completely flat with 1 coat of SV, so I'd recommend a coat of Gelous and then SV or HK Girl. Overall I LOVED the look of this polish, and was super impressed with it. It's totally unique! My first experience with Pretty & Polished was definitely a great one!

Be sure to check out:

Pretty & Polished website
Pretty & Polished on Etsy
Pretty & Polished on Facebook


What do you think of this polish? Do you own any Pretty & Polished nail polishes?
I'd love to hear your thoughts below! <3

Kelly

This polish was purchased by me. I am not being compensated in any way for this post. This review is a statement of my honest opinion of these products, based on experience. For further information, please see my Disclosure Statement.

4 comments:

  1. Cool polish!!! They have great names!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name and color scheme of this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I certainly love penguin! I would've been worried about the huge hex glitter but they look pretty great.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3