Thursday, December 25, 2014

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Dots #2 (Christmas Trees)

Hi everyone, and Merry Christmas (to those who celebrate it)! Unfortunately, I am spending my Christmas at work. :( But, I was able to spend Christmas Eve with my mom's side and my fiance got to meet them for the first time which was great. I was desperately trying to get all my Christmas manis posted before Christmas was over, but I didn't quite make it. I have one more after this one to share, and even though it will be late, I really loved it so I definitely want to share it.

Today, I have some dotted Christmas trees that I came up with after seeing my new Azature purchases I ordered during their December 6th sale. I was feeling like doing some holiday nail art, and since this is dots month for the Nail Challenge Collaborative, I thought this design would be perfect! So, here you have my dotted Christmas trees!


I used all Azature nail polishes for this mani, except the topcoat, which is HK Girl. I started with a base of Azature Red on the first two nails and Azature Horizon Diamond on the last two. Then, I dotted my Christmas tree shapes using Horizon Diamond and Azature Ruby Diamond.


The formula on these was absolutely phenomenal! Of course, it's beyond cool that there is a black diamond in each bottle, so I was excited on that alone. But these polishes are super pigmented. They were opaque in two flawless coats and went on like butter. No issues at all to report.


Fiance didn't quite get that these were Christmas trees at first glance, but I kind of like the abstract look, and it felt perfectly Christmas-y to me! :)


Overall, I really loved this look. It was simple, but still eye-catching, and the polishes really stood alone, in my opinion. I didn't feel like I needed to go super over the top with nail art because the polishes were stunning enough even on their own! I can't wait to try the rest of the Azature polishes I got during the sale! If you haven't already, you should check out Azature's selection of luxury nail polishes. Granted, the sale is over, but even at full price, these polishes are a great idea for when you want to treat yourself. :)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this look below.

Thanks for reading, and happy holidays! <3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3