Monday, May 20, 2013

Nail Art Society: May's Kit - Kiss-N-Tell (pic heavy)

Hello everyone! Happy Monday :) 
Today I am so excited to share the May's Nail Art Society kit with you. This month came SO packed full of goodies, I couldn't even believe it. 
Here's a look at everything that's included in this month's Kiss-N-Tell kit:


I didn't get these cards included in my box, but Tia of NAS was kind enough to send me copies. This month's card featured some gorgeous looks done by Emily of The Lacquerologist that you can use for inspiration. 
And here are some of the looks I created using this month's kit. This is a simple skittle I did using the Kiss 3D Charms. For the base, I used Pure Ice French Love Affair, which was one of a few wonderful gifts I got from Tia!! She is truly amazing with customer service.



Next up, you will see my first EVER experience with nail strips!! I was so excited to try these. I have a few but have never tried them because I usually just stick to painting my nails. I found these to be surprisingly easy to use, even for a newbie like me! Check out Kiss Nail Dress in Corset.


First, what you do is try to choose a nail strip that is close to the size of your nail bed. Then, you stick it on, at which point, it looks like this lol:


Fold it over the edge of your nail, use the file provided in the kit to file off the excess, and you should get something like this!


I got SO many compliments when I wore these strips!! I had to explain countless times that I did not paint these, haha! Not to mention, these are so bright neon, it's unreal. Perfect for summer. I did have a bit of a snafu with the ring finger, I filed too much at an angle and ended up with a blank spot at the tip, but no one noticed!



After such a good experience with Corset, I was even MORE excited for Teddy! This sort of look is more my style.


Again, here's step 1. This time I decided to put them all on at the same time, and then file them all at the same time. Plus, I thought they looked kinda cool before I filed them - like super long talons.


Post file! Since these strips have gems on them that actually stick up, you have to use the blue/black side of the file, but I had no issues filing off excess. They came right off at the ends and looked wonderful!




I adore both of these sets of strips. I will definitely buy more Kiss Nail Dress in the future - it took maybe ten minutes to do the entire mani, and the best part? No remover needed when you're ready to change them - just peel them right off! :)


Next up are the Nail Artist Flat Stickers. These are very pretty - a mixture of flowers and swirlies.


I wanted to use a bright, fun, summery color as a base for this mani, so I pulled out Rimmel Mintilicious. It's really more blue than green, it reminds me quite a bit of CG For Audrey. Then, I layered flowers, and swirls for a whimsical floral look.



I had a bit of a problem with my pinky being too small to fit what I tried to fit on there, but that was my fault. I should have known to choose smaller stickers for my tiny pinky lol! I covered these with 2 coats of Seche Vite, and though the gems made it feel textured still, it was not distracting at all.



I would definitely use these again to add a quick bit of bling to any mani! I also feel like they are very versatile - there's lots you can do with them! :)


Lastly, this was the product I was most excited about - The Kiss Marbleizing pen & polish. I already knew not to expect the results shown on the front of the box from reading Emily Lacquerologist's review, but for some reason, I still felt like maybe I could do it haha!


Anyone who has done a water marble or a needle marble knows that the above picture cannot happen, but I wanted to try and have fun and play with it anyway. I painted most nails with the medium purple, and my two accent nails with the darkest shade. Then I tried doing dots and swirls with the different colors, and using the needle/pen tip to make swirls and patterns. Your best bet is to just ignore the thought of a water marbled look, and figure out something else.



I did end up really liking the look I came up with! The swirls of different colors reminded me of seashells or mother of pearl. So, while I was somewhat disappointed about the packaging being misleading, I ultimately really liked what this product CAN do.


Phew! That was a lot of talking/pictures...if you made it this far, I commend you!
Overall, I think this month's kit was the best value so far. At $9.95 a month, for all this, I was a very happy girl. I didn't actually go through and add up what everything is worth retail, but I do know that the Kiss Nail Strips are close to the price of the box for just one set. I highly, highly recommend subscribing to Nail Art Society - you will not regret it!!

I'd love to hear what you think about the looks I created! Which are your favorites/least favorites? Will you be subscribing?

<3 Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Great post, and thanks for the link! I actually hadn't seen the promo card yet, so thank you for sharing! =) I love all the looks you created and I am impressed with the marbled look you created...I totally failed with that kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily! I just read up there that you live in Ohio - small world, I'm in Dayton! :) Good to know I'm not the only polish addict around here!

      Delete
  2. You got some amazing stuff in the kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! I am so regretting not getting this month's kit. I had a feeling that as soon as I got fed up with the junk they were sending that they'd send something great and of course I just cancelled last month. Lol. Just my luck! I'm in Ohio too btw! I'm in Elyria. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shelly!

      This is the founder... send me an email with your shipping address and I'll send you a complimentary May kit for you to play with! :)

      Tia@nailartsociety.com

      Delete
  4. Wow! You got all that stuf for ten bucks?? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun!!! I love the looks you created ^^
    Really love the dots one and the bow ^^
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com
    Don't forget to check my anniversary giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cute things in the kit! I love the bow decorations and the patterns of the nail strips! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with Nail Art Society too....!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3