Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Stamping #4

Guys, I did it - this is my 4th and final stamping look that I created for the NCC this month - and I'm on time! This one actually turned out to be my favorite :)
Again I wanted to try something different than just stamping over a color - so this time I stamped over a glitter!

Here's what I started off with - yes, another Sinful Shine. This is my favorite polish they've released in this line. Alfresco is a gorgeous, creamy cornflower blue. I thank other bloggers for describing it that way because I'm not sure I knew what cornflower blue was!
Anyway, I added 2 coats of a polish I mixed up using Glitter Mix Boutique's Midnight Rainbow, for the accents. I love their glitter mixes!! I just bought more the other day, I can't wait to play with them!


In these photos, there is topcoat on the accent nails only. The other nails are Sinful Shine Alfresco alone! Look how shiny! ::drool::


Then, I turned to my trusty Bundle Monster plates yet again (they were the only ones I had at the time lol) and I chose a simple zebra print. Honestly, I didn't want something too detailed, because I didn't want to take away from the beauty of this base. I adore Midnight Rainbow over Alfresco!!


I stamped using Sinful Colors Black on Black, and Gosh Holographic Hero for the accents (thanks, Sharra)! It was my first time using a holo for stamping, and I just loved the subtle but beautiful rainbow it added to my accent nails.


Honestly, I was so, so happy with this mani. No, it's still not perfect stamping, but this is one that I was completely proud to wear. So many clients asked me if it was a sticker or something, which is always such a nice compliment!

What do you guys think of this mani?? Have you tried stamping over a glitter? How about holo stamping? What's been your experience? I'd love to hear below!
<3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. How nice! Love the glitter accents on this manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I just nabbed Alfresco at the store the other day, and now you make me excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3