Saturday, January 17, 2015

Damasks Inspired by Robin Moses (NCC Wallpaper Week #1)

Hi everyone! Super excited to share this post with you guys today. I have been holding on to this one for a while now, and I'm glad to finally get it out there!

It's currently Wallpaper month at the Nail Challenge Collaborative and I have the perfect first nail art for this theme! I used an amazing nail art tutorial from Robin Moses to create these Damask nails - hope you guys like! :)


I kinda sorta loosely followed Robin's tutorial because to be totally honest, her patterns were way more intricate than I was capable of and I gave up on them pretty quickly haha. So I generally tried to mimic some of her damask-y patterns and came up with this!


I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the white base, and Zoya Sooki for the red base. I used my Stripe Rite striping brush in black for the damasks, and Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter for the glitter topper over the red. HK Girl topcoat to finish it off! :)




I loved this look - it looked so complex but thankfully, doing just two damasks for accent nails made it simpler and it didn't take me that long! :) If you want to try your hand at recreating this cool look, you can check out this tutorial by Robin Moses here. She's seriously amazing to watch - she makes it look effortless! :)

Thanks for reading, and be sure to check out the other ladies' looks for Week 1 of Wallpaper month!

Kelly


2 comments:

  1. Those damasks looks so amazing! I thought they were stamped on at first too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome!! You did a really great job painting those damask nails!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3