Friday, January 23, 2015

Stamping Decal Flowers

Hi guys, happy Friday! I have a fun post to share with you today. This was my second or third attempt at doing stamping decals. I got a little bit braver this time and used multiple colors on a full-nail image! :o Check it out...


I was inspired when I got my Vivid Lacquer plates in the mail. This image is from plate VL-028 and as soon as I saw it, I felt like it spoke to me haha! I started with a grey base to allow the colors in the flowers to really pop. The grey is Sinful Colors Cool Gray. I used Sinful Black on Black to stamp onto my stamper. Once the black was dried, I painted over it with the colors - Sally Hansen Lightening, Sally Hansen Heat Flash, Sally Hansen Sonic Bloom, and Sinful Colors Most Sinful. I placed the decals over the grey base after sealing them in with a slow dry topcoat and letting it dry for a while. Then I cleaned up around the edges with a paintbrush and acetone. I used another coat of topcoat over everything to make it really shine. 


The Seche Vite gave me a bit of trouble with shrinkage (hee hee) but otherwise I really loved this look! I wore this for a party that weekend and got a lot of compliments. :)


I'm SO glad someone discovered stamping decals. I am still working out the kinks, but for someone like me who can never seem to get quality stamping images, this was the perfect solution, and a great way to add a pop of color to your stamping nail art! And it's easy enough that anyone can do it, even nail art beginners! :)


What do you think of this look? Have you tried stamping decals before? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I really need to try ding some stamping decals but I'm a bit afraid to.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3