Monday, January 26, 2015

Orange and Grey Floral Inspired by Wondrously Polished (NCC Wallpaper #2)

Hey guys! I've got ANOTHER post for you today. I know, two posts in one day - crazy, right!? 

I've had my wallpaper-themed nail art looks for the Nail Challenge Collaborative finished for a while now, but I haven't had a chance to get photos edited and posts written up. So, even though I was on top of it and got my looks done early this month, I'm still sliding in right under the wire to get my posts up in time haha! It's always something, isn't it?

This look was based on one I saw on Wondrously Polished. Actually, the rest of the looks for this month are! When I think wallpaper, I think patterns and floral, and Lindsey of Wondrously Polished, just happens to be the queen of florals. This look is my attempt to recreate her Orange and Grey floral!


I almost did not post this mani because I was so frustrated with how it turned out haha! Lindsey makes it look SO easy but this was really hard! I think a part of the problem was that I didn't have brushes quite thin enough. In the end, I decided to show you guys anyway, even though I was disappointed with it...because it took me so long to do it so I didn't want it to be for nothing lol. 


I started with 2 coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff, then I used Sinful Colors Clementine and Ardoise to paint in the flowers. I topped it off with Seche Vite topcoat.



Overall, while this wasn't my favorite look I've ever done, it could have turned out a lot worse. I still have a long way to go before I can catch up with Lindsey's amazing skills! Check out her blog if you want to be inspired. Her nail art is amazing!

And, don't forget to have a look at the other bloggers' nail art looks for Week 2!


2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! These would make for a perfect accent wall in any room. Lindsey makes everything seem so easy but she's really in a league of her own :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3