Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mermaid/Ursula Nails

Hey guys! I am so excited to finally share this mani with you! It just kinda popped in my head one day and I was really proud of it. It started out kinda just like a mermaid mani but it turned out darker and more villain-y than I intended, so it became a sort of combination Mermaid/Ursula mani!
First, here is the gradient base I started with.


For the gradient, I started with a base of Sinful Colors Black on Black, and then used a makeup sponge to dab on Zoya Julieanne, Zoya Giovanna, and Zoya Zuza. I topped it off with Seche Vite while I was deciding exactly what to do from there! :)


So I knew I wanted to do hand-placed glequins, so I did that for one of the accents. I hand placed each glequin with a toothpick pressed into a wet coat of Gelous. Then, I remembered I had the perfect glitter topper - Dollish Polish Poor, Unfortunate Souls, based on Ursula! Added another coat of SV to those two nails to seal everything in and done! :)



This mani honestly looked SO much better in person, I couldn't capture its true beauty! The flecks in the gradient, made it look so multidimensional, and I just adore these colors together. I think this is one of my all-time favorites I've ever done! :)


What do you think of this mani? Can you see the mermaid/Ursula inspiration? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!

Thanks for reading,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Loving that awesome gradient you did! The final nail art is amazing too! Love the full glitter nail.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3