Sunday, July 27, 2014

ModCloth Nail Art: Inspired by a Dress!

Hey there loves! Hope you had a great weekend! I spent mine relaxing on Saturday and then I went to Dayton's Celtic Festival with my fiance and his parents. It was awesome! We heard some great bands, and had yummy food and cider. I don't want to go back to real life!! :(
Anyway, I have a really fun post to share with you today! I was recently contacted by ModCloth and asked to join in on a nail art challenge they are having. I was so excited to be a part of this! :)
ModCloth's Nail Klub had posted a blogpost explaining the concept - basically, take one of their dresses and translate it onto your nails. I had so much fun browsing the dresses to try to choose one to recreate. They are so many unique and gorgeous dresses - I wanted them all. While searching, I kept in mind that I have a lot of friends getting married in the near future, and I wanted to look for something I could wear to a wedding, but still wear to work or just on date night out. I wanted something girly, pretty, but versatile, so it could work in a lot of situations. Ultimately, after a lot of searching, one design kept calling to me - Promoting Elegance in Bubbles!




I knew I wanted to do this one because as soon as I saw the dress, I envisioned it on my nails! And, this dress is so very me. Here's how the nail art look turned out:


I started with a white base because the nude color I wanted to use was so sheer. But it was the closest color I had to the dress background. I then went in with three coats of Sally Hansen Bold Buff. For the dots, I used Sinful Black on Black and Cult Cosmetics Laguna, and my Born Pretty Store dotter. I used HK Girl topcoat, and stuck on the bow I got in a Nail Art Society kit while the topcoat was still wet.


I thought this turned out so cute, and I think it matches the dress really well!



Overall, I was blown away by the selection of dresses I found on ModCloth. Be sure to check out their website to see the Promoting Elegance dress I loved, as well as tons more gorgeous dresses. I loved the selection of party dresses. As I mentioned, I have a bunch of weddings coming up in this next year, and there are SO many dresses on the site that would be perfect for me for those occasions. There are also a huge selection of dresses I'd wear to work, for a girl's night out, or even just day to day. I love quirky, fun, unique designs, and ModCloth has no shortage of those! Check them out :)

I'd love to hear what you think of this mani! Can you see the inspiration from the dress in the mani?
Thanks for reading,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Lovely look; and the dress is so pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is cute! Your did awesome creating a design inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3