Saturday, July 19, 2014

Swatch: Scofflaw Nail Varnish - David Bowie's Bulge

Hi everyone, happy Saturday! I actually have to work today, so it's not all that happy for me, but to cheer myself up, I'm posting a fun, bright swatch! :)

This polish was my first experience with Scofflaw Nail Varnish. I bought this and one more polish about a year ago, and I'm so glad I did! The colors are amazing and the quality of the polish is wonderful too. Today I am showing you David Bowie's Bulge.

....the nail polish. Haha, I couldn't stop giggling when I was wearing this mani, just thinking about the funny name. Like, hey everyone, check out David Bowie's Bulge! Teehee! I'm ten.

These photos show 3 thin coats with Seche Vite topcoat.


The label had some very cool David Bowie makeup inspired art printed on it. I thought that was a really cool touch!


Here is the polish description from Scofflaw:
"This polish is a nod to the iconic Aladdin Sane album cover, with Bowie's face paint translated into a rich, deep coral polish with subtle shimmer. It's accented with matte and holographic teal glitters of various sizes and also features small dark red glitters and a bronze microglitter. It's completely opaque in two or three coats."


I wouldn't have thought of this color combination on my own, but it really does work together amazing well! The coral base is gorgeous, and the pops of teal are so bright and eye-catching. It's a really fun polish for summer, it kind of reminds me of tropical beaches for some reason.

Here's a shot with flash, a bit more color-accurate than the ones in direct sunlight above.



My first impression of Scofflaw Nail Varnish was great!! I definitely want to try more of their polishes (Arcane Sugar, I'm looking at you). Formula was absolutely perfect, I experienced no issues with clumping glitters or dragging at all. :)
Be sure to check out the Scofflaw Nail Varnish shop and Facebook page to keep up to date on restocks and new shades! They have a ridiculously amazing new collection launching on July 27th, so mark your calendars for that!

Thanks for reading,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice color! I like the blue glitter peeking through it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3