Thursday, July 24, 2014

Myrtle Beach Vacation nails

Hey guys! I'm really excited to finally share this post with you! A couple weeks ago, my fiance and I traveled to Myrtle Beach with my family for vacation and I (of course) did my nails for the trip.

The first ones, and probably my favorites, were these striped palm tree nails that you may have seen me share on Instagram! :)


I tried to be artsy and get the sand in the back of these shots lol. The sun on the beach was great for picture taking! I started with a base of black, applied striping tape and painted on each color one at a time. From top to bottom, I used: Wet n Wild On a Trip, Sinful Thimbleberry, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Dreamsicle, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Glow With It, an unnamed Summer Brights blue, and Sinful Mint Tropics. I topcoated with Seche Vite before I freehanded palm trees using my Stripe Rite striper, then topcoated again. Phew! It was a lot of work, but worth it in the end. :)


Not a great shot of the nails because the sun was behind them, but I managed to get an ocean backdrop! :)



On my non-dominant hand, I had to do something still pretty, but nothing intricate. My left hand is useless for nail art! So, I tried a mermaid look! :)


I already had some tip wear by this point from all the digging in the sand, but this mani really held up for the most part! I started with a base of Zoya Logan and sponged a bit of Zoya Zuza around randomly on the nail. Then, I added 2 coats of Orly Mermaid Tale. I love how it sparkles!



And of course, because I truly have a polishing problem, I had to change my mani halfway through the vacation! I had seen Chalkboard Nails Starfish Mani and I wanted to try my best to recreate it!


I started with a base of Wet n Wild A Venice Day. I really like this yellow! It's a little thin but buildable. I've been looking for good yellows. I don't like this one quite as much as Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Glow With It, but it's not bad. Then, I followed Chalkboard Nails' example and painted on little starfish using China Glaze Pool Party, a dotting tool and a small nail art brush. I followed that up with some purple dots using the smallest end of my dotting tool. I used Seche Vite topcoat.


These were so much more vibrant in person! They looked great on the beach too, I wish I had gotten some photos in the sand.



I absolutely loved all my vacation nails! I felt like they were super fun for summer and I got so many compliments on them. It always feels nice when you have a group of people cluster around you in awe of your nail art haha! :)
I'd love to hear what you think of these looks? Which is your favorite? I'd love to hear below!

<3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. What fun vacation nails! Love the starfish one at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nails.
    I exspecially like the nails with the palm trees. Some weeks ago, I have a try on such a palm tree design, too.
    It will be a honor for me, when you would have a look at these and if you could tell me your opnion about this.
    Have a nice day, Lisa ♥
    http://lisasnailartdesigns.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3