Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Indie Swatch Spam: 365 Days of Color, Candy Lacquer, and Pahlish!

Hi everyone!

I'm still working on clearing out the infamous vault, so I've got some random indie swatch spam to share with you today. :)

First up is 365 Days of Color - The Boy Who Lived!


The Boy Who Lived is a black jelly with holographic teal hexes in several sizes. Here I've layered it over a medium grey, I can't remember which at the moment, but it ended up being a really cool combo. It would look awesome over black too! This is just one generous coat of The Boy Who Lived, plus Seche Vite topcoat.


I had to share a couple shots of this one in the shade, so you can really see how the teal glitters almost glow. So gorgeous! :)


Wearing polishes like this one reminds me how sad I am Sunny decided to stop making polishes. They were all so amazing!! She really creates wonderful body products too though, so I'm not totally starved of her creative genius lol. Now, if she ever stops making cuticle balms and oils, I will need to re-evaluate my life!


Next for today is Candy Lacquer - Mermaid Wishes.


Mermaid Wishes has pale blue, teal, red/orange, pale purple, dark purple and lime green glitters in a clear base with a slight mixing of iridescent shimmer. The glitter shapes that I see are flowers, stars, hearts, and hexes in various sizes. Candy Lacquer has the cutest glitter toppers - I love their polishes! This one is so much fun and so perfectly named! It really does remind me of mermaids and the ocean, so I paired it over a nice bright blue. I want to say it's OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, but I'm not 100% sure. Looking back, this glitter is so densely packed, it only really needed one coat. But I was so distracted by wanting to get every different shape of glitter out of the bottle and onto my nail that I went a little heavy-handed haha. Formula was great, no issues to report - I love how chock full of glitters it is - no fishing required...unless you're crazy like me and feel a need to try to get every single shape out! :)


Last for today is Pahlish - Gilded Greenwich!


This polish is so stunning! It's a dark charcoal gray creme with gold shimmer and micro-flakes. I wore this for some family event - I'm spacing on what exactly - where I wanted to have pretty nails that weren't too over the top. It would be perfect for work too, if you aren't allowed to wear certain colors or anything too flashy - though it still has that amazing shimmer! :)


I'm wearing 3 coats here of Gilded Greenwich plus HK Girl topcoat. As per usual with Pahlish, I had zero issues with formula - it's pure perfection! I could have even gotten away with 2 coats, but I wasn't careful with application and missed some spots - I painted my nails in the car haha!


Thanks so much for looking. Which of these is your favorite? I'd love to hear below! <3
Kelly

1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3