Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Gradient inspired by my Starbucks cup!

Hi everyone! I have a really fun post to share with you today. A few weeks back, I finally found the Starbucks duochrome cup that everyone's been posting about, and next to it on the shelf was this fun gradient cup! Of course, I have no willpower so I bought both lol. These are awesome cold cups for summer! I've been using mine for smoothies and iced tea. :)


The gradient on the cup inspired to create some nail art to match! I used Essie Good as Gold, Julep Tatiana, Mentality Katarina, Doyen, and Sparkplug for the gradient. I topped it all off with HK Girl.


I also tried Glisten & Glow's Ctrl-Alt-Delete latex barrier for easy cleanup. This was my first time trying one of these kinds of products. I know there are lots of them out there, but I took my time in trying them out and now I don't know how I lived without this! Normally when I do a gradient, I'm too lazy to tape off my finger tips, so I just get polish all over the place and scrub it off over a couple of showers. It's a huge pain! Peeling off the latex was so satisfying, too lol. This one has a lovely scent of White Peach Sangria too - once it dries. When you first open the bottle, it smells pretty horrible haha, but it doesn't last long.


Cleanup was so similar after peeling off the latex, I just took my elf brush and some acetone and did a quick swipe along the cuticle and done! :)


I loved how this came out! All the warm colors remind me of summer and sunsets. And I think it matches the cup pretty well.


Though it was harder than I thought to get a picture with the actual cup haha - I tried!


I'd love to hear what you think of this look! I think drawing inspiration from random items like cups is so fun! :) I want to see if I have a duo/multichrome polish to match the other Starbucks cup too.

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You did awesome recreating the gradient from that Starbucks cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ... perfectly done ....

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3