Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mentality Swatch Spam! Marie, Sly, and Sourball

**I want to note that I am no longer affiliated with, or a supporter of, Mentality Nail Polish. Please see my post detailing my experiences with Mentality by clicking here for more information. In short, I would STRONGLY recommend not buying Mentality due to harmful effects that their polishes have had on some people. Even if you've been having an issue and you can't say for sure that it's Mentality polish that's causing it, discontinue use immediately. I didn't know what it was and by the time I realized, serious damage had been done to my nails. They are still not healed. Just don't take any chances. I will leave up my posts where I have reviewed or swatched Mentality polishes because I don't want to just delete them and pretend like nothing happened. I would also recommend reading these great, informative posts by Ashley is Polish Addicted and also The Mercurial Magpie who explain what's happened. Lab Muffin also offers some really interesting possibilities for what specifically about the polishes could be causing these effects.**

Hello lovelies! I have lots of amazing Mentality beauties in the vault, so I am sharing a few random swatches with you today. I still have yet to meet a Mentality I haven't fallen in love with!

First for today, I have Marie - this is such an amazing shade!


Marie is a turquoise shimmer with blue to purple flash. This one reminds me of peacock feathers! I have to do a peacock mani with it. :) It reminds me a bit of Zoya Giovanna minus the horrendous staining. In fact, the formula for Marie was pure perfection. This is 2 easy coats, and I had absolutely no issues with application. Even with the shimmery finish, which can sometimes be unforgiving and show every brush stroke - this one is not like that in the least. A+!


Had to include a shot with flash to really show off that gorgeous shimmer! Unfortunately, Marie is not available anymore, but you may be able to find it on blog sales or destashes. You need it! :)


Next up for today is Sly, which I somehow botched the label on lol!


I'm not sure what happened there, I think I may have touched it with acetone fingers. Anywho, Sly is described as a bright magenta pink holographic nail polish with blue and purple duochrome flashes. I absolutely love the subtle holo effect, it's so soft and pretty! And I like that this shade is a fun mix between pink and purple at least to my eye. It's very berry-ish, I think. Love it!


Great formula here yet again, of course. 2 easy coats plus topcoat. The topcoat didn't dull the holo effect either, which was great! Sly is very nicely pigmented, I think it would be great for stamping too! :)


I snapped a shot with flash to really show off the holo sparkles and the blue toned flash that shows up in Sly in certain lightings.


Last for today is Sourball, one of the Candy Jelly holos! :)


Sourball is a green jelly holographic. It's kind of like a green appley or minty shade. The holo is so strong in Sourball - I love it!! :)


This is 2 coats of Sourball plus HK Girl topcoat.


And of course, I had to include a shot with flash to show off the holo!! It's really a stunning polish.


As always, Mentality did an amazing job with these 3! Which is your favorite of these? I think mine would have to be Marie. :)

Thanks for reading! <3
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I love them all, but I think sly is my favorite followed by sourball.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3