Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Superheroes and Villains #1 (Batman/Joker)

Hi everyone! I have a super fun post to share with you today!! This month's theme for the Nail Challenge Collaborative is Superheroes and Villains and I could not be more excited. As soon as I heard the theme, so many ideas went running through my head, I had to reign it in a bit lol. So far I've got two of my looks done and they turned out even better than I had hoped.

First up for this month is Batman and Joker! :)


I knew I had to incorporate the Batman/Joker duo by Jindie Nails and Dollish Polish. This duo is just the perfect representation of both characters - I love it! I did 2 coats of Jindie Nails Ever Dance with the Devil in the Pale Moonlight, on my index nail, and 2 coats of Dollish Polish Why So Serious on my pinky. I did a base of Sinful Colors Snow Me White on the middle two nails and set to work with my striping brushes for the accents. That Batman logo is way harder than you would think lol! I had to take it off and start all over once because I messed it up so bad. I think it turned out pretty cool the second time! The background for the Batman symbol was an unnamed golden yellow that I have no idea where I even got it lol. I topped everything off with HK Girl, and it didn't smudge a bit - gotta love HK Girl!


This mani actually took me like an hour from start to finish, I think my eyes were starting to cross from focusing so hard! But in the end, I love how it turned out and I'm so glad I attempted it, because I almost didn't! When I searched for Joker images and found this design, I thought that it would look really cool but it would be extremely hard. It didn't turn out perfect, but better than I expected. :) And the Jindie Nails/Dollish Polish duo are the perfect additions to this look, I think. Love those polishes!


What do you think of this mani? I'd love to hear!! I can't wait to show you the rest of my superhero and villain manis this month - what a fun theme!

Thanks for reading and be sure to check out the other ladies' superhero looks this week! <3


1 comment:

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3