Saturday, July 6, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Flowers #1

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. The boyfriend and I drove back to my hometown for the weekend to celebrate my Dad's birthday :)
Today I have my first NCC mani for July. This month's theme is flowers, which I wasn't thrilled about at first, but it's growing on me. It's making me choose ideas I wouldn't normally, which is cool. I've been meaning to try this Arizona Green Tea/Cherry Blossom look pretty much since I started blogging, so I finally got the opportunity to do it! 


For the base, I used Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Green Tea (how fitting)! This is one of my favorite minty greens. Formula is superb and the color is just so yummy to me. I actually thought of this mani idea when picking up this polish. I used a striping brush and China Glaze Mahogany Magic to draw on some branches, and then I dotted on some flowers using my dotting tool and the polish brush itself. The light pink is China Glaze Go Go Pink, and the darker pink is China Glaze Rich and Famous. The dots were a bit raised up, so I ended up doing 2 coats of Seche Vite to be sure nothing would dent or smudge.



I loved how this mani turned out! It's not exactly like the tea bottles, but I think you get the idea, and I also think it's a really fun, fresh design for summer. What do you think?

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to check out the other flower nails the NCC ladies have come up with! :)
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Its so cute! Really nice flowers :) I have yet to start this challenge but I plan to at least get one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the designs I plan on doing, too because I never have :D Yours looks great, I hope mine turns out as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I did cherry blossoms, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I thought of when I saw the thumbnail was Arizona tea - mission accomplished! This is great - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3