Monday, July 29, 2013

Nail Challenge Collaborative: Flowers #4

Hey everyone! Today I've got my fourth and final floral nail art look to share with you. I was getting kind of stuck for ideas, so I turned to Google as I have in the past. I found a lovely design done by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails that inspired me.


My final look doesn't look much like my inspiration, because I chose different colors, and I opted to leave out the dots. Here it is!


First, I used a base of Sinful Snow Me White because I knew how sheer the pale green I wanted to use was. It's Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect in Sea (picture below). Even with the white base coat, it took THREE coats of this green to even out and even look remotely greenish. You can't even tell in these photos, but the base was more seafoam-y in person. The roses are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink, and the swirls are Mentality Triumph. The leaves are Zoya Midori, which I just got and I LOVE!


You also may have noticed my new nail shape! I filed my squovals into round-y things last Friday, and they lasted all of about a day. The next day I filed them into pointier, almost stilettos. My nails aren't quite long enough right now to make real stilettos, but I needed a change, and I LOVE this shape! I still have quite a few backlogged posts, so you will be seeing my squovals quite a bit still, but the stilettos are what I am currently sporting. :)


So what do you think of my roses? And how about the new shape? What is your favorite nail shape to wear? I'd love to hear below <3
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the new nail shape too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookit us, all side by side like BFFs in the inlinkz ;D I looove your roses, I can NEVER get them right, and darn your nails sure look cute all round like they are =D You're braver than I am, that's for sure!

    <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is still beautiful, I love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mani, and I really like this new nail shape! And I wanted to ask you, this nail challenge collaborative looks so fun, how can I join this group?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and opinions, so please comment below! I read them all and try to respond to each and every one :) Please be respectful and no link dropping - any such comments will be deleted. If you want me to check out your blog, email me at nailsforthesakeofsanity@gmail.com. Thanks <3